1. I am adopted. At 5 days old, I went home with my new parents. My birth mom was 14 when she had me, and chose to adopt me to another family. I have talked to my birth mom on social media since, but we have not met in real life. I also have four half sisters. I don’t know much about my birth father or his family.
2. I am ambidextrous and double jointed. It comes in very handy dealing with a baby, and many other things! I can’t write as well with my left hand as I can with my right, but I bowl, throw footballs, box, and shoot guns left handed very well. I can turn my legs at the knee with my ankles facing outward, I can pop my hips in and out of joint, and I can turn my arms almost all the way around with my elbows facing out. I know. It’s WEIRD.
3. I was in public school up until 4th grade, and my parents decided to home school my brother and I before the second part of the year began for a myriad of reasons. We will be home schooling our son and any other kids if we are blessed to have more. I just prefer the one-on-one aspect and not worrying about bullying or the other crazy parts of public school, but they won’t be hidden from the world! We had active social lives (I even went to my town’s high school prom three times lol), and will make sure our kids have the same.
4. I am a huge geek and nerd. I absolutely love video games and comics, and I grew up on both. The Legend of Zelda, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, Witcher, The Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, and Fallout are my favorite series to play. I am extremely picky about anime, but I do love all the Dragonball series, Attack on Titan, and Death Note.
5. I love reading books of all kinds. I have a huge book collection, and I am always getting more. My favorite book is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. If you haven’t read it, do so. Now.
6. Before I had baby Draven, and sometimes even now if I’m lucky, I actually loved using makeup. I love experimenting with different colors, and looking different every day. I had a pretty huge obsession with eyeshadow, and I’m sure it will rear its ugly head again one day! lol
7. I have a pretty amazing collection of poetry lurking around on the interwebs. I will probably feature some on here every once in a while, but its permanent home is part of a nice little poetry community located here.
8. I am a Star Wars and Star Trek fan. It is possible, and we do exist. Anyone who says otherwise is just narrow-minded.
9. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for soccer. My brother played for about a decade before moving on to serious guitar playing (he really is good), and I got to play a while myself, so it was a big part of our family for a long time. Hopefully Draven will want to play, but if not, that’s okay, too!
10. I REALLY hate the color pink. And white. Not a huge fan of brown, but it goes well with my skin tone and brings out the green in my hazel eyes, so I tolerate it. Favorite colors would be black, green, and purple, and I have a fascination with yellow for some reason…
11. I have pretty severe, inoperable endometriosis and ovarian cysts, so being a mom is like…a miracle? Sorry for the pun, but seriously, nobody including myself ever thought I’d get this far, so I am extremely thankful and blessed. Who would have thought something so perfect would come from extreme pain every month???
12. I have another geeky thing to divulge…I love collecting stamps and coins. I have a pretty massive stamp collection from all over the world. I’m talking tens of thousands. I haven’t done much with it in recent years, but maybe one day.
13. I am pretty obsessed with cupcakes, Alice in Wonderland, Japanese horror, Batman, Yoshi, Invader Zim, the gothic subculture (I used to be a gothic/punk kid and it’s really hard to let go-don’t judge me lol), James MacAvoy, Tom Hardy, Edgar Allan Poe, and Pablo Neruda.
14. My music interests are absolutely insane. I am a huge rock music fan, loving everything as mainstream as Breaking Benjamin and Green Day, obscure as the Holly Trees, and as weird/dark/totally unexpected as Suicide Silence and Cradle of Filth. I also like some pop, very little rap (Hopsin is the shit!), and classical. I even have a tiny list of country I can stomach.
15. I went to college for psychology, then criminal justice, then business…and never actually graduated. I plan on going back to finish with a degree in history for sure because I am a huge history buff (especially folklore, myths, legends, and religion) and would like to teach history one day.
16. I have only broken one bone in my body in my entire life of trying to outdo my brother when we were younger and being unafraid of pretty much everything-my pinky toe. And it was a total freak accident. Milk DOES do the body good, after all!
17. I hate coffee. Like seriously. The only type of coffee product I can stomach at all is mocha frappuccinos. Otherwise, no. Just no. I also hate donuts, stew, goulash, cooked spinach, cucumbers, all kinds of melon, brisket, and steak unless it is cooked absolutely perfectly at medium rare. I know, I’m sooooo unamerican.
18. I hate reality TV.
19. I am not a shoe or purse person. I love my flip flops, and I have one purse whose whereabouts are completely unknown to me currently. Hmmm…
20. I love movies. All kinds of movies. That’s an even broader range than my music tastes. Memoirs of a Geisha, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Army of Darkness (huge Bruce Campbell fan), Rock of Ages, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Vanilla Sky…those are just a few of my favorites. Oh, but I HATED Avatar. Meh.
Well, now that you know me quite a lot better, what all do we have in common? Is there anything you think is totally unbelievable (I know-the coffee and steak thing hits some people hard)? Let me know in the comments!